Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

This recipe is made using the crescent roll recipe I use from Delightfully Gluten Free.

I mentioned that I'd be trying to incorporate the rolls into a few other recipes so....
Round One:

Sam's sister and brother-in-law came to visit us this weekend (along with their precious dog, Penny) and so I wanted to make us a treat for Sunday morning breakfast. This was the right choice! I'm here to say that these taste just like regular cinnamon rolls! They are not big and fluffy (such as Grands Cinnamon Rolls), but they have INCREDIBLE flavor and texture. Please go make these. You won't regret it at all. In fact, you'll only be sad that they're small and the recipe only makes enough for about 8 cinnamon rolls.

I will ABSOLUTELY be making these again. I need to get family to come visit more often so I have a good excuse to make them :-D

INGREDIENTS:

- 1 batch of crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- at least 1 tsp. of cinnamon (I like cinnamon a lot so I add more)
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 - 1/2 cup of raisins/nuts/etc.

DIRECTIONS:

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees if using a glass pan)
- Roll out dough into a rectangle (approximately 14 inches long - give or take! You just don't want the dough too thin) Do this on a surface dusted with flour
- Sprinkle brown sugar-cinnamon mixture onto dough

- Roll dough into a log

- Cut the dough into 2 inch pieces (should make approximately 8 rolls)
- Place rolls into a greased baking dish (I use a Pyrex pie dish)
- Sprinkle remainder of brown sugar-cinnamon mixture on top of rolls


- Bake 20-30 minutes (rolls will be getting brown and crisp on the outside)

While the cinnamon rolls are baking, you can make the icing (and have time to lick the bowl)

- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 TBL milk
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBL honey

- Mix all the ingredients until smooth. Add or subtract confectioners sugar to meet desired consistency
- Drizzle the icing over the cinnamon rolls


"HEALTHY" VERSION (:-P)

- Melt 1 TBL butter and pour over half-cooled cinnamon rolls before topping with icing

2 comments:

  1. They were AMAZING!!! Thanks so much for making them for us. It was a definite SuCcEsS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUUUM!! Looks SO good! I will definitely have to make these!!

    ReplyDelete