Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thick & Rich (and pretty darn healthy) Hot Cocoa

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." ~ Charles M. Schulz


INGREDIENTS:

- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Splenda (to taste)

DIRECTIONS:

- Combine all the ingredients
- Heat over medium heat, whisking often (while simultaneously restraining yourself from licking the whisk)
- Bring to a boil (while whisking constantly)
- Remove from heat
- Pour into your favorite mug (you know the one...) and...
- ENJOY


Those days where you have the time to get things done and be productive, but you get to the end of it and feel like you've gotten yourself no where at all. Maybe you even went backwards. Have you ever had one of those? I have. I do. I will.  I find that late at night I do my back-pedaling. My "oh man I should have done this" and my "why in the world did I do that?!" and my "I'm never going to get it all done" and my "woe is me" and my "who am I?" thoughts all clamor for room in my head.  So as I sat slumped under the weight of burdened thoughts tonight, I remembered that I am given rest if I ask for it...given rest if I grab hold of grace. I was also reminded that every moment is brand new and is mine to make mine. Make sense?? When I fall asleep at night, I can choose to let today be. I can choose to let tomorrow be. I know I am not alone right now, and that I can choose to meet tomorrow when it arrives because I won't be alone then either. So when I wake up, I'll shake off today and face the very next moment, knowing that it is my moment. But why wait until tomorrow?! I made this yummy cocoa tonight so I could indulge as I curled up to read myself to sleep. My moment is now. 

Nutrition:
Calories: 95, Total fat: 0g, Carbohydrates: 8, Protein: 1
(*NOTE: all nutrition information is estimated based on ingredients and is meant only as a guide)

No comments:

Post a Comment