Sunday, April 4, 2010

Shhhhhhhhh....



Ingredients:

- White baking chocolate (you'll have to do label reading to make sure the kind you get is GF, but I use the HEB brand)
- GF Chex cereal (or any other sort of GF cereal. I also use GF Glutino pretzels, and let me tell you..(as my mother says) it'll make you want to slap your grandma (twice, if I do say so myself!) We served the white chocolate covered pretzels at our one year anniversary wedding vow ceremony and they were a HUGE hit!)
OPTIONAL: add in some marshmallows - or whatever else you can think of!

NOTE: Our absolute FAAAAAAAAAAAVORITE is the Honey Nut Chex. Something about the honey nut and the white chocolate just takes the cake...can't beat it. However, for this batch I also used the Cinnamon Chex. I have made it using the chocolate version, too. AAAAAALL delectable. There's also a Strawberry Chex that is great, but is really hard to find unless you're in a big city. Because of that, I have yet to make this candy with it, but I bet it's awesome!



If you're shocked that I'm making such a big deal out of some candy that only has a measly two ingredients, it's only because you haven't tried it yet. Don't worry...I'll forgive you for doubting me.

Directions:

- Melt the baking chocolate in a big, microwave safe bowl until it is entirely smooth (according to directions on package).





- Pour in the cereal. (Don't add too much at first, because then you'll have to go get more chocolate, and since you can't just waste what you've made, you'll have to take the bowl with you to the store and eat it on the way, when you get back in the car, and the whole way home. Ya can't waste perfectly good food because of a simple mistake....)



- Gently mix the chocolate with the cereal.





- If there is still a lot of extra chocolate floating around unattached, add in some extra cereal (don't want anyone getting lonely!)
- Place some wax paper on a table/countertop
- Place clumps of the mixture on the wax paper and leave it to cool (I would tell you that this will take about _____ minutes, but I'd rather you have an excuse to keep walking by the table and grabbing a piece to see if it's cooled yet. I'm here for YOU)



- While you're waiting for the candy to cool, lick the spoon....bowl...counter where you laid the spoon...whatever.
- Once they're cooled, place in a container or ziploc bag (or don't, and just eat them all right there!)

Alright...go forth and share the yummy goodness with everyone you know (just don't tell anybody!)
What?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment